Originally Posted by bfrshooter
My first 3 deer were shot with 240 gr XTP bullets. Yes, they killed but I seen them drop. I recovered the bullets and back tracking I found no blood on the ground at all. I went to the 320 LBT and blood on the ground looked like a fire truck sprayed it. The LBT is a lot slower then the 240. It is thick here and a deer will be out of sight in one jump. Need a blood trail. Hydraulic shock is another myth. A revolver does not have what a rifle has. Another story for you. My mailman John brought his daughter to hunt every year with a .223. She did get a few but she shot a big doe in the front and Whitworth, me, John and her searched with no blood. An hour later I went to my other stand and found her deer. I gutted it to find the bullet only went 6" in. So much for shock. I went into my stand and shot a buck with my SBH. I dragged both deer to the trail and called John to get hers. I made John get her a 30-30 and she shoots larger bucks each year then her dad. Her .223 deer was over 200 yards from where hit. You will get hydrostatic shock from a .300 Weatherby but not from a revolver. You just make a bullet work.

You are confusing crappy bullets and having no hydrostatic shock out of a pistol which is why i dont believe anything you say. The idea that a revolver doesnt have the velocity to put a big big old hole due to hudrostatic shock is absurd but an often blithered theory. How a 320 hardcast with a meplat smaller than its diameter makes a bigger hole than a good expandable expanding to .7” or more isonly made because the bullets suck. The only reason anyone thinks a .223 wont just flatten a deer handily with a large wound channel isnt that the small fast bullet theory is wrong (on deer) but because the shooter doesnt use the right bullet. That is why i view your supposed experience so skeptically. Either you dont have the experience you say you do or your powers of observation are really poor. Basednon your 500 yard rock chuck revolver shot claims and 2” groups with revolvers at 500 yards and what not i choose both options. Your powers of observation are poor and your experience isnt what you claim it to be!

Actually doing something usually changes a persons previously worthless opinion