Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by BC30cal

Finally comerade, at my stage of life now, I'm hoping that at some point in the future if there's still hunting and forums such as this exist in whatever form, when the question comes up someone will be able to say that a little bald guy with a big mustache from OK Falls was helpful for them when they started hunting.

If that happens, then I'll have accomplished what I'm endeavoring to do, you know?

You're the man.....

T Inman;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the summer's been a good one for you in your part of the world and that you've had enough rain to make the fire season less sporty.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it, but emphatically am still very much a work in progress on so many levels. blush

This spring marked my 30th year as a BC Hunter Safety instructor and someone asked me what had prompted me to start way back when. I knew/know exactly why I did/do it - it's because I love the life that hunting and hunters lead - I believe many of us are better people because we hunt.

When the day might come that someone asked me what I did to pass it along or to ensure it kept going, I wanted to be able to look them in the eye and honestly tell them I'd tried, you know?

Sorry that I can't articulate it better than that T - but I believe you get my drift? I've long felt it - hunting and it's inherent lifestyle - was something of value worth saving and passing on.

Some days it feels like I'm saddling up to tilt at a windmill, truly it does out here in BC where we're so run by the green influenced Greater Vancouver population, but then there's rays of hope that come along to make me start planning for the next session of classes.

One spring class not that long ago, there was this young fellow with a watch cap on, bearing races in his ears and a few extra chrome studs here and there along with enough ink to make a sailor take notice. Anyway he's the genuine antithesis of this 3/4 sized cowboy looking dude - but there he is in my class.

After one night he comes up to me and it telling me he's really into the "Locavore movement" and he says, "It dawned on me one day that you old time hunter guys have been doing that forever, so I was like - that's cool! I gotta do that too!!" laugh

Anyway T, thanks again and let's hope there's always something to hunt and folks who want to hunt it.

All the best to you sir as we ease into the fall.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"