My dad was NOT an avid hunter. If you offered him he'd go hunting with you, but he never paid for a lease and he only initiated a few hunts. He bought us a Savage 340C chambered in 30 WCF in 1959 I believe, maybe 1960. We never scoped it. That was our only deer rifle for 7 or so years. I don't think we ever killed anything with it. In about 1958 we got invited to go hunting on a lease my uncle was on in Llano Texas. Somebody there lent my dad a Remington 721 chambered in .30-06. He had never killed a deer and took a Texas Heart Shot on a five point. It was a DRT. I think the next year he bought that 30-30. He talked about getting a .30-06 but never did. Later in life I bought a Model 70 in .270 and he would use it sometimes. In the late 70s he bought a Model 700 BDL in 7mm Remington Mag. That was his pride and joy until he died in 2007. But to say he mentored me in hunting and taught me the ropes isn't the case. We had some good times together but he was simply a fair weather hunter. My brother in law would take us to Junction on an invite hunt with some people his company contracted to do some work. He killed a few deer there. And he killed a big 8 point with his 7 Mag. That was his best time hunting. I learned from watching TV and reading gun mags and from other people. I was the family hunter. My dad mainly played Golf.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!