The question is: “The greatest hunter, Who living, dead otherwise served as your inspiration to learn all you can and apply this skill to hunt Big Game.”

To that, it would be Chuck Adams for me. That’s who I was reading at the time I decided to get back into hunting.

In the years since I’ve learned that hunters with a lot of big animals often have better opportunity rather than better skill. Though not always...

I used to get every CD from a couple different hunters, and one day I was watching an episode where they took a kid out for an afternoon deer hunt. Passed on many great bucks and then finally chose to shoot a real nice deer. It was literally child’s play to pick and shoot a deer bigger than I’d ever even seen in years of hunting public lands or small, heavily hunted woods. I never bought another CD. I could never relate to their situation again. So when I see hunters who can reliably make it happen on heavily hunted public lands, I have a great respect for their skills and pay attention to them.