I'm 63 and have every American Rifleman from 48 to date, just gave away 30 years of shooting times. Read every book and magazine I could get my hands on as a kid. So, all of the above have had roles in my hunting life. My Dad had a biggest influence on me as a child because he loved to hunt upland game, and living between several big farms in MD, we had lots of it. He gave me the desire to hunt, and taught me to appreciate, and manage game humanely. Bell and Corbet, or Corbet and Bell, can't pick. But, it's my shooting buddies that keep me on my toes. Most have shot one or more disciplines of target shooting. I shot High Power in Junior High in military academy. One of the first things I learned was if you shoot at a big target, you will probably hit a big target, shoot at a small target, hit a small target. Bullet placement on game is mandatory, not optional. Usually after punching holes in paper we get board and start calling out pebbles on the berm for the other guys to pluck off. Our new target of the day is a bottle cap tacked to the back board on my range. The cap isn't the target, the tack in the middle is. This may be a little off topic, but not really. As a group of friends we hold each other to a higher standard, we take a lot of game, and we do it as humanely as possible. My hunting buddies are my inspiration.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin