I would say i don't really have much respect (contempt is too strong a word for what I feel) for the gun store owner of a mom and pop operation who believes the 6.5 creed is the answer for every hunting scenario. (well almost) Both he and his wife use one, and of course they push them in their shop. Browse the racks of new guns, and get rid of all the 6.5 creed's, and you may have half left. Hard pressed to find an 06, let alone some other great chamberings such as 338 federal. Again, I don't mind what people shoot. Just that there are other great cartridges out there. I think that shop is responsible for a guy I know getting a Creed for his "long range" gun, which in Pa means 500 yards max. Asked him what he was replacing, and he said 7mm Mag. I just walked away from that conversation.

......the occasional hunter wielding a hopelessly inaccurate rifle, living by the fantastical rule that this cartridge can deliver the goods, regardless of shot placement or rifle accuracy. The correct term for this is minute of ego.