Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I don't really care what another person spends their money on...............it's their money and their right to do so. Having said that, I could get by perfectly well with a 22 rifle, a 12 gauge shotgun, a 243 for deer and coyote hunting, and a 9mm Glock.............and an AR, for the SHTF scenario. But, I wouldn't want to, as I like to have a selection to choose from, and I like having different cartridges to shoot and reload for.

Yet, to be honest, there are a lot of cartridges that don't make sense. But, killing them off is a job I wouldn't want, as I wouldn't have a clue where to start. While I think it's overkill, not to mention downright silly for someone to use a 300 magnum rifle to whitetail hunt with, it may very well be that's it the only rifle that person owns. If that's the case, then it not only makes sense, but you have to admire someone who doesn't need a safe full of rifles. Every single one of us could get by on a lot less than we think we could.......and that covers everything we do, including the number of hunting rifles we own.

I've personally known a lot of guys who use a .300 mag for whitetail. I never thought of them as "silly". I've carried far more potent stuff than that for deer including the .375 H&H.

That's right, just like practicing for smaller African antelope, it came in handy too, I shot an Impala ram dead in the chest at just over 200 yards with a 400 Whelen chunking 400gr round nosed Wodleigh Weldcores at a leisurely 2255 fps, hit a Springbok and Duiker with that rifle too, I may have missed every damn one of them had I not practiced on deer and pigs and knew exactly where my bullets were going to land, we OWE that to the animals we hunt.

Trump Won!