Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by jwall

M 70, Black Shadow in 300 WM.... it was the 'lightest' rifle I owned. Including the 26" bll.
EDIT: SECOND lightest rifle .. I already had the T 3 in 270. (sorry)

I have considered selling - even yesterday - the 300, but I CAN'T make myself get rid of it. Irrational !! I like it.

Nothing irrational about acquiring and hanging on to something you like.
I say this as one who just purchased , wait for it....... a Ruger Old Army percussion revolver, just because!

Additional info:

I have a few pix of it in < photopukeit >, blurrred.
Here are a couple of new pix of my Win 70 Black Shadow 300 WM
Nothing fancy, bone stock, I adjusted the trigger and scoped it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That is a Swift (Nikon subsid) 4-12X40 AO. I've been buying Swift scopes since I learned of them in the late 80s.
No problems with ANY of them.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I don't know & haven't looked into who made the stock. It feels good and is stable. The ONLY time I have had to adjust the sight in,
was when I changed scopes in 2018. Remember I bought the rifle in 2008.
The rifle weighs 8# 7 oz all up ! BUT... it feels lighter due to its weight distribution. I like it.

This was the first 70 with 3 position safety I'd had in quite a few years. I got my 70 Swede in Dec, 2011.
I told my closest hunting pard that I didn't know how I'd adjust to using the 3 position safety. First deer up was on the FIRST
day I hunted it in 2008. Never had to EVEN think of the diff.

I hunted this rifle EXCLUSIVELY 2008, 2009, & 2010. I killed several WT each season with it. grin
IF I can kill deer out to 400 yds (which I did) I SURE can kill Elk with it. smile

I know of a poster here who said recently he was looking for a 300 WM. I seriously considered contacting him and offering to sell it to him >>>> Couldn't Do It. wink

I took a likin to the 300 WM in the 70s based upon looks of the cartridge and its performance.
I got a 77 Tanger in '78 I believe, my FIRST magnum rifle. I 'expected' a 300 to KICK....the Tanger didn't disappoint.

My next one was a B B R which was heavier and had a REAL recoil pad and recoil felt noticeably less.
Then I HAD a 700 BDL that a good hunting pard talked me out of. Its recoil also felt less.
This Black Shadow does NOT punish you to shoot it. ? Maybe the composite stock ?

I also like the moniker, "Black Shadow". The SHADOW knows!! grin

Jerry

Last edited by jwall; 02/15/20.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!