Originally Posted by Utahunter
I get so tired of all the droning on over the 6.5 Creedmoor. It doesn't do anything the old 6.5X55 has done for a century.

I get tired of listening to all the butt hurt Swede owning creedmoor bashers. I have several times thought about a Swede, but the creed made a lot more sense to me, as I did not own anything in 6.5 yet. Most rifles chambered in creed are twisted properly to shoot the high BC bullets, not so with the Swede. The creed fits nicely in a short action, not so with the Swede. You can find a creed chambered in almost any bolt action rifle configuration, and also in the AR10 platform. Swede, not. There are several dozen configurations of inexpensive factory ammo available almost anywhere ammo is for sale, the swede? nope. As Mule Deer has pointed out on numerous occasions, the chamber dimensions on Swede rifles is all over the place, so it is difficult for safe factory ammo to be manufactured to fit all Swede chambers. True, a properly twisted Swede will equal or possibly slightly exceed the velocity of the creed, but the difference will likely only be detectable with a chronograph. If I had already owned a Swede I probably would not have built the creed I own right now. I like the creed alot, is it the best thing to come down the pike since Oroville Redenbacher microwave popcorn? Probably not. But to someone who doesn't handload, or is buying their kid a first rifle, it in my opinion makes whole lot more sense than a Swede. Well there you have it, a few things the 6.5 creedmoor does that the 6.5x55 has not done for a century.

Last edited by montanabadger; 02/27/20.

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."