Originally Posted by OAM
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Hold on. Let me don my Nomex suit and Kevlar and climb into my bunker in an undisclosed location......

Okay, .257 Roberts, .250/3000, .280 AI, .275 Rigby AND 7x57, .358 Win., .223 AI, .338 Fed., .260, 6.5x55, .22 Hornet, .300 H&H, .35 Whelan (deliberately misspelled to add to the outrage), .30/30, all the Kreedmires, and finally the .30 Sneezer, just for Dan.

I'm with you on all except .257 Roberts, 30-30, and 22 hornet. I own all three. I know there are 22 cals that can do it all better than my little hornet but I have had it for years and its made many trips on the trapline. I have a couple 30-30's because they are great for my kids. They have all had one. Lower recoil but enough power that I wasnt chronically worried when they would go hiking alone. Then the .257 Roberts. I have no excuses. I just like it. Its a hand-me-down pre 64 that Ive had for decades.

Obviously, my subtle humor has plumb evaded at least a couple of the other kids. I tried to pick as many of the rounds that have small, but very enthusiastic (rabid?) followings as I could bring to mind, and threw in a couple extra to target specific campers. I don't want to see any disappear; all are useful to some degree, even "just because". "Just because" certainly generates a lot of activity around my house. There's a couple of those wending their way here right now in fact.

What fresh Hell is this?