Originally Posted by OAM
You guys ever meet someone and they tell you what their main rifle is and you automatically feel contempt for them? See their factory box ammo on the dash and think- what a dipshit? Maybe I'm just getting sour...

I have had those moments. Usually it is when the gun or cartridge mentioned doesn't match their persona. I have grown to understand that is a flaw of mine and not theirs. It is really just me stereotyping them. I do admit that I used to have a hate for the 22 Hornet, but it grew on me. I started with a 218 Bee before the Hornet and I couldn't understand why someone would choose the Hornet over the Bee. If I am being honest with myself I really don't like the 220 Swift or the 270 Winchester either. I had to neck turn for the first time with the Swift I owned and I hated it. The 270 kicks just enough that it is not exactly light, but just hard enough you have to hold onto it. Plus it seems like every other owner of one has to start quoting O'Connor or someone else to justify their choice. I would be a hypocrite if I did not fess up to owning a 270 Winchester and shooting two deer with it. It is one of the classics. I guess it comes down to this... I really don't care anymore what someone else uses, but I do know what I won't use.