Originally Posted by shaman

For instance, I knew a fellow years ago that hunted whitetail out of club down in GA and said he'd bought a 300 WIN MAG for the deer in the swamps. That just didn't make sense to me. A coworker finally filled me in on the rest of the story: he was the camp drunk.
On the other hand my buddy, SuperCore, had a 300 WIN Mag that he loaded down to 30-06 levels and shot 165 grainers from and it was both pleasing to look at and a joy to shoot.
270 WIN is one of those cartridges that put me in an evil mood just thinking about it. On the other hand, I've never met a 270 WIN shooter that didn't seem sincere. Most of them were women, so I guess that maybe the reason I cut them slack.
People who shoot 35 Whelen are my brothers. I keep a 35 Whelen round next to my chair in the family room. I find it soothing to hold.
223 REM. Look, if you want to shoot deer with 223 REM, I'm all for it. I'm 223 REM- curious myself. On the other hand, if you show up in black tactical gear and have a M92 on a drop leg holster, I'm going to strongly suggest you hunt on the next ridge over.
People who shoot expensive 12 GA shotguns have my respect. People who hunt turkey with cheap 12 GA shotguns have my admiration. People who hunt turkeys with $1200 shotguns for turkey have my disdain. $8/round turkey loads double the disdain.
People who shoot Skeet with a deer barrel with rifle sights I know I'll be fast friends with.
People at the range who shoot full-sized torso targets with 12 GA birdshot at 10 feet are folks I want to stay away from.

There is a LOT of ILLogic in that ! More than I care to address. confused sheesh ! S M H

Originally Posted by moosemike

laugh I think everybody is scared that all that will be left is four legs and a head. Lol. We've shot them with 338's in the past and it was no big deal. A .243 wrecks the meat worse.

Yes what people 'think' and reality are not always the same.

I've killed plenty of deer with 300 WMs and some with the 8mm RM. They DON'T blow them all apart.

There are NOT degrees of dead!

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!