Originally Posted by BobMt

a-s...….I do agree this should be taken seriously......wackems post is spot on.....we are talking America here....not Africa.

how other countries do things with their citizens should have no bearing on us...…….bob

Bob,

Pathogens don't care about arbitrary labels such as American vs. African. The American Flag is not a magical barrier against viruses.

Besides, Wackem's engaging in his own kind of fear mongering. Dairy farmer being told to sell their herds over COVID? Really. The problem with the dairy industry has nothing to do wit COVID, it's that we are over supplied with dairy products.

Hotlines and new forms to report violators? Haven't seen any of that here.

Yes, we have some temporary rules that you can't be stupid and congregate, especially in ways more likely to spread the virus. Limits of personal actions that affect others is nothing new. Your second amendment rights don't give you the right to shoot into a crowd, nor do your right to exercise religious liberties give you the right to infect that same crowd. We have real examples of this virus spreading like wild fire through religious events, such as the Church of Spitter in Korea, and the Presbyterian Choir practice in Washington.

Yes, our medical system is being stressed, and this leads to difficult decisions being made. Yes, most elective (that's a key word) surgeries are postponed, and risks and benefits of other surgeries must be weighted. Here's an interesting data point for you. In China, 40% of traceable transmissions happened in hospitals. So, you're a doctor. You have a patient who's 80 years old and needs a surgery. To receive it, they have to come to a location were you KNOW the virus exists, and it they contract it, just based on their age alone, there's a 30% change they don't survive. Add in the risk factors related to the needed surgery, well.... Do you get the picture?

As for rounding up families on cattle cars, what did I say about fear mongering?

Keep in mind, you're just being asked to say home for awhile, and spend sometime with your families. We are not being sent to island hop the Pacific, but for some of you, I imagine tour in Tet between 67 and 69 would be preferable to a month with your families.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell