Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
We are seeing the most draconian measures enforced at all levels of government that we've ever seen in our lifetimes, and yet rather than being alarmed by the things going on, so many of you applaud. People are being arrested for spending too much time outside, and you applaud. - - -Etc. - - - -YOU ARE IN IMPRISONED, willingly, and you're too blind to see it.
Although overblown, a well-written post which seems effective in advancing a general point about the matter of liberty, and maintaining it as a bottom line issue. This post overstates some things, states grand assumptions about what I and others are thinking, and doing, and not doing, and are/are not willing to do - etc. A good bit of speculation and hyperbole - but effective in some ways.

My view is that this overall crisis experience will serve as a crucible for thought and decisions about issues that many people have not heretofore considered - that it is going to open eyes and concentrate minds in big ways, and greatly influence what people in this country will be prepared and willing to do in the future under certain conditions, and what they will not be willing to do. As sad and difficult as it has been for so many, it has served as a decent test case about one's consideration. compassion and cooperation as well as the roles and powers of our government. In this unusual instance, I think people have behaved and accepted behaviors in ways that, in some cases, they would repeat - and in some cases would NOT repeat. Much of this was a big surprise - and a big test of principles - personal and societal. The USA did not get to where it is due to the thoughts and actions of dumb and unprincipled people - but rather the opposite. Our times, events and social; makeup are different from the times of earlier crises. As needed, this experience will focus a lot of thinkng. Inside every REAL individual burns the love of, and yearning for, personal freedom. I see much hope in this awakening.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron