Originally Posted by bobinpa
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Hard core liberty lover here. All this covid crap, including the trillions of spending of money out of thin air, pisses me off severely. As did the follow on effects of 9/11. As did the murders of Sammy and Vicky Weaver, the Branch Davidians, Lavoy Finicum, and others. As does the capacity of fellow Americans to sit on their collective asses and bitch, but expect some miracle to come from above and fix everything, rather than get up and do anything about it.

I do not speak as one come lately to this, nor as one who has watched it from a chair. I have been involved in forming and been on the boards of various political action organizations for decades. I have associated with militia units when I felt there were solid people in them. I have worked with local candidates, the central committees in my area, and been the regional coordinator for a presidential campaign. Been a delegate to county, district and state caucuses and conventions. Have spent time in the state capitol and been on a first name basis with representatives and senators. Have one US Senator who will avoid me like the plague when we happen to be in the same room. He should. He is a snake in the grass crook. Like most of the rest of them.

All this has shown me the utter futility of expecting any sort of good to come from the state houses or the nation’s capitol. If we want liberty, we will absolutely have to get up and get it for ourselves. If we do stand up, there will be no quarter given, none expected. It is win or lose. If we win, we get to try to run what we took over without running it into the ground. If we fail at that, we end up worse than we started. If we lose, it’s just an unmarked grave. But liberty is not achieved by men in suits. It is achieved in spite of them.

Local folks were asking me to run for the state rep office. I told them I wasn’t their guy, unless they were looking for busted heads at the capitol. If I had to work in that den of snakes every day, there would absolutely be violence in the workplace. I am ready to fight for liberty, absolutely. But we have no clear leadership, no clear strategy, no clear mission, and may lack the support of the population at large. As long as America is comfortable, they will tolerate tyranny. Take away the comfort, and a percentage will fight for liberty, and a percentage will simply want whatever brings the comfort back. You guess what the spread is...

I think the comfort lovers outnumber the liberty lovers by a large margin. And I have no interest in being that “lone gunman” while the rest of America sits back and talks about where I went wrong. Ask Lavoy Finicum or Randy Weaver how that works. So all y’all on that high horse, asking folks like Whackem, True Grit, Bobmt, and I why we haven’t got the ball rolling? It’s because we are not going to pledge our lives, fortunes and sacred honor to a bunch of dual personality cheerleaders who fully intend to watch the fight from their lazyboy recliner, and cut us to ribbons before, during and after we make the play.

I thought Whackem was spot on, then I saw this. I'm with you 100%. I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

You might want to make up your mind one way or the other.

So which is it ?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.