Originally Posted by turkish
Originally Posted by auk1124
I am really leery of the new Ford system that shuts the motor down when you stop. It may work fine, I dunno, but seems to me it would put a lot more wear and tear on the starter. Maybe I'm wrong.

The GM system doesn't shut the motor off, it shuts down a sequence of motor cylinders when you are out on the highway. I don't like it either, but there are ways to turn that system off. I don't know if the Ford system can be shut off

My Ford’s system can be deactivated with the push of a button supplied by the factory. My GMC’s system can only be deactivated by an aftermarket device that voids the warranty. Guess which I prefer.

Mine never does that... But then, I drive the 6.7PSD.. smile
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by MAC
Don't buy new. Buy one a year or two old and get the depreciation value out of the way. Every vehicle on the road is a used vehicle and so will a new one be as soon as the tires hit the pavement outside the lot. At that moment you just lost 25% of the value. Haven't bought new in decades for this very reason. You can get used with full warranties and save the 25% which on the price of new trucks is significant.

That used to be true, but recent years, it's just not anymore.

Do some looking.

A pickup...say an F150 Supercrew 4x4... say 2 years old an 20k miles on it.

Price it.

Then after dealer/factory incentives, price a brand new one.

The used one will be within perhaps a couple or three thousand dollars. And have less, or no warranty.

Clean, used, low mileage pickups bring a premium. If you can find one... It won't be significantly less than a new one, in my experience.

And you'd be correct... That wasn't true about 15+ years ago, but it is now..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!