Originally Posted by KFWA
I'd really like to buy a Frontier but I've heard so many negative things about Nissans in general over the years I'm scared to pull the trigger. You can find a 4wd crew cab Frontier for a few thousand less than a Tacoma.

I've had five Nissan pickups since 1977, the only brand with multiple buys. I've had very little trouble with them, mostly just regular service stuff. No complaints at all. I'm driving one now, a 2016 Frontier, King Cab, SE w/Value Truck package. Mileage "could be better" but I got 22.1 mpg last weekend, on our "Sunday Drive" around rural Kentucky, that's the best mileage I've ever got out of it, to be honest, but it made me happy. Get the 6 cylinder (260+ HP), you'll be happier than with the 4 banger.

The Value Truck package has more gewgaws than I thought I needed, but those heated seats are pretty nice in wintertime, as is the zoned heating system, and the backup camera is pretty nice, too.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.