Originally Posted by Cheesy
The lack of 'tech' is another reason I went with the Tundra. "but but but its a 13 year old design". Exactly why I wanted it. No engine shutting off at the stoplight. No cylinder deactivation when not under load. Big ol' fat knobs for the HVAC instead of push buttons on a touch screen. No turbo powered V6. Some may all be for that and worship at the alter of new technology, and that is fine. I don't.

This X 1000!!

I've had a Tundra for 6 years now and this year I finally had to fix something. The battery died so I got a little crazy and got new wiper blades too.

Wife had a Cadillac which was pretty and comfortable, but it had issues with some of the high tech stuff. Mostly electronics. The "CUE" infotainment system controlled everything...when it worked. Came out of a restaurant on a nice 95F day and the CUE wouldn't work. Couldn't turn on the air, couldn't even use the radio. That was enough. Time to go Toyota.

Traded the Caddy on a new 4Runner TRD. Old school with built in reliability. Heck, we even have to raise the rear hatch by hand! Can wave your foot around under the bumper all day and nothing happens! I love it! smile

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)