I had a 1993 GMC I bought new and had it for ten years before I wrecked it when some Karen stopped short in front of me for no reason. Bought a used 2003 Chev 3/4 HD crew cab and drove it until it had 200K on the odo and decided I was getting too old for the rough ride since I seldom tow any more or carry heavy loads so sold it and bought a 2015 Chev 1/2 ton Crew Cab for the better ride and modern features. Now, all my buddies want to take my truck every time we go somewhere- it has the best ride, nicest leather interior, quietest inside I've ever been in on the highway- much quieter than my wife's car or any car I've been in for quite some time. And I get pretty great gas mileage- 22.5 mpg on the way to a family reunion back in North Dakota a couple years ago going 75-85 most of the way. Great truck so far...

My son just traded off his 2000 Silverado Z71 with just over 300K miles on a brand new 2020 GMC SLE crew cab with all the bells and whistles and I think it is even nicer than my 2015.... slightly better gas mileage and a few options that weren't available on the earlier versions . Talk about a beautiful and comfortable truck to drive. We both like the GMC grilles a lot better this year than the Chev's...

The only thing I don't like about the Chev/GMC trucks is the low stance on the front end that gives them a bit of a rake. However, a $40 leveling kit for the front end and a couple hours to install and it looks much different now. Going to do my son's the same way in a week or two...

I have to say, the after sales service from Chev and GMC have been terrific. I can't imagine how they could possibly improve on the quality of the service I have gotten on the couple small items I've needed a look at and a couple minor recalls that came up. Pretty much in and out the same day and extremely helpful every time I've talked to them about anything...

To be honest, it would be hard to buy a bad truck these days IMO.... But I do think the Tundras are due for a bit of updating...

Bob

Last edited by Sheister; 05/19/20.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.