Originally Posted by BKinSD
I bought a a 2019 Silverado LTZ last fall. Some things I love, others not so much. Gas mileage leaves something to be desired but still better than any Toyota I have heard about. The engine transmission combination has to be driven to be believed. Love the 5.3 with 8 speed.

I bought a new 2020 GMC Sierra Elevation 4x4 at the end of 2019. Looked at the Tundra and it did nothing for me - they are a dime a dozen around here. I've seen them start rusting after about 2-3 years in coastal Alaska.

It is a very sharp looking truck. As BK says, the 5.3 + 8 speed tranny is amazing. I checked the mileage computer. Over the first 3,000 miles it is averaging 17.7 MPG. Try that in a Tundra. The 3k miles includes a very snowy winter. Pretty much all of Jan & Feb were in 4WD mode and lots of warming the rig up.

It's got the BOSE sound system too. Oh yeah, I like to rock on my commute! While you can get a BOSE sound system on the Tundra, only the very high end models have them.

Bodies are the first thing to give out on trucks around here - right around 10 years. Dodges are the worst rust buckets.

Hope the OP can finally make a decision with all the uber advice given here . . . .