Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by turkish
Originally Posted by auk1124
I am really leery of the new Ford system that shuts the motor down when you stop. It may work fine, I dunno, but seems to me it would put a lot more wear and tear on the starter. Maybe I'm wrong.

The GM system doesn't shut the motor off, it shuts down a sequence of motor cylinders when you are out on the highway. I don't like it either, but there are ways to turn that system off. I don't know if the Ford system can be shut off

My Ford’s system can be deactivated with the push of a button supplied by the factory. My GMC’s system can only be deactivated by an aftermarket device that voids the warranty. Guess which I prefer.

Yep. And it will get better mileage and have more power than a Tundra with the big EcoBoost V6 too.

But the Tundra's engine and tranny will last over 50000 miles. So so much for the huge gas savings and its nice not to deactivate and or purchase after market items so your new big three truck doesn't suddenly shutdown or blow up on a long trip.

I took my time and found a year old Tundra with low miles at a BMW dealer and saved quite a bit over new price. Be patient

Last edited by ribka; 05/18/20.