Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by walt501
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by walt501
I think Ford is ok. I wish Toyota would buy them and improve their quality. GM not a phugging chance I would own one.

When you say "Improve their quality", does that mean an F150 will be the same vehicle for the next 14 years, like the Toyoda Tundra?

Design it properly from the Start, not change it constantly because it was not engineered right the first time. I had a 2016 F150 , Ford bought it back when it turned 6500 on the ODO. I loved the truck not the reliablity.

You forget that Toyoda had the same problems with the Tundra when it came out. Everything from exploding cam shafts to collapsing tailgates plagued the original Tundra. In fact, the problems were so bad that Toyoda CEO little Akio Toyoda cried when he was called on the carpet by congress and said "Tundra brings us shame". So going by what you say, you'd never buy a Tundra because they weren't designed correctly in the first place? Hmmm???

I am not discounting your fairy tale, I understand they had some issues with the new Tundra in 2007 but they were quickly resolved. I bought one brand new and only issue was a defective Michelin tire. I bought a brand new 2016 Ford 150 4wd eco boost 3.5 and the vacuum system failed. Hubs trying to engage at highway speeds ?????? You see Ford keeps redesigning the system that engages their hubs. They should have designed it right from the start. The shop was in contact with Ford Engineers for a month and could not figure out what the F was wrong with it. It was a Lemon. Out of all the cars and trucks in my life the only LEMON. Hmmmmm?

My Tundra was a 2008. Drove it for twelve years as previously stated and still got an awesome trade in when I got the the Tacoma last year. Could’ve sold it for even more if I’d wanted to. Or could’ve just kept right on driving the Tundra for another twelve if I didn’t want the Tacoma.

This guy wants it both ways. First he says it’s a bad thing to have the same proven design for too long. Then he makes use in the argument that a first year design was bad.

Walt is a bit delusional , he is a good guy however. One of the reasons Hondas and Toyotas are stolen so often is that major parts are interchangeable between model years . They design them right the first time because they have pride in their work.