Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by turkish
Originally Posted by auk1124
I am really leery of the new Ford system that shuts the motor down when you stop. It may work fine, I dunno, but seems to me it would put a lot more wear and tear on the starter. Maybe I'm wrong.

The GM system doesn't shut the motor off, it shuts down a sequence of motor cylinders when you are out on the highway. I don't like it either, but there are ways to turn that system off. I don't know if the Ford system can be shut off

My Ford’s system can be deactivated with the push of a button supplied by the factory. My GMC’s system can only be deactivated by an aftermarket device that voids the warranty. Guess which I prefer.

Mine never does that... But then, I drive the 6.7PSD.. smile
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by MAC
Don't buy new. Buy one a year or two old and get the depreciation value out of the way. Every vehicle on the road is a used vehicle and so will a new one be as soon as the tires hit the pavement outside the lot. At that moment you just lost 25% of the value. Haven't bought new in decades for this very reason. You can get used with full warranties and save the 25% which on the price of new trucks is significant.

That used to be true, but recent years, it's just not anymore.

Do some looking.

A pickup...say an F150 Supercrew 4x4... say 2 years old an 20k miles on it.

Price it.

Then after dealer/factory incentives, price a brand new one.

The used one will be within perhaps a couple or three thousand dollars. And have less, or no warranty.

Clean, used, low mileage pickups bring a premium. If you can find one... It won't be significantly less than a new one, in my experience.

And you'd be correct... That wasn't true about 15+ years ago, but it is now..

Depends on where you are. I'm in TX and we have good deals on used trucks all over the place. Nearly everyone here drives trucks and they upgrade every couple of years so there are deals here. Not sure what state you live in but come to TX and shop for used trucks sometime.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!