Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by MAC
Don't buy new. Buy one a year or two old and get the depreciation value out of the way. Every vehicle on the road is a used vehicle and so will a new one be as soon as the tires hit the pavement outside the lot. At that moment you just lost 25% of the value. Haven't bought new in decades for this very reason. You can get used with full warranties and save the 25% which on the price of new trucks is significant.

That used to be true, but recent years, it's just not anymore.

Do some looking.

A pickup...say an F150 Supercrew 4x4... say 2 years old an 20k miles on it.

Price it.

Then after dealer/factory incentives, price a brand new one.

The used one will be within perhaps a couple or three thousand dollars. And have less, or no warranty.

Clean, used, low mileage pickups bring a premium. If you can find one... It won't be significantly less than a new one, in my experience.

Hit that on the head, best case scenario is to wait till Sept / Oct when the new ones are out and they discount last years to clean them out doing that got me 25.4% off list, instant equity.1 year old used trucks NADA FOR MORE THAN YOU CAN buy a 1 year old new one with full warrantee. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "