Originally Posted by shootem
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
Reports everywhere of Covid cases on the rise which with the added testing available and "protests" by those under 35 can only be expected. Governors and local govts re-closing businesses, parks, beaches etc but I'm not hearing that hospitalizations are sharply rising. It's like saying you're getting more rain after you put up a rain gauge. If you're scared, then keep your ass at home while the rest of us keep trying to make a living.

What's going on with hospitalizations and/or deaths near you?

Your ID looks like you're a UNC Charlotte grad maybe still in Mecklenberg Co? If so I can tell you that the next county north, Iredell, as of Thursday has had 672 confirmed, 17 currently hospitalized in our 3 hospitals, and 9 dead. 253 positive and self quarantined. Have heard "reports" from a few personnel in nearby areas that if a patient dies with flu like symptoms it's listed Covid if at all possible. Some things heard are questionable, such as elevated reimbursement / govt add ons bringing more revenue for Covid

My daughter is in Jacksonville Beach, FL and just says there's a "bunch" of cases new in the beach area which was one of the first spots to try open bars. Have to say close contact bars wouldn't be where I'd be found anywhere.

What bothers me is the numbers just say "people" 90% of the time. That covers a lot of ground. No good demographics. Which people? Already I'm hearing its racist to list "migrant workers" as a category. Fill in the blank on living conditions and social habits. Same for inner city public housing downtown with 8 people in a 2 bedroom with unknown outside activities. That is high risk. Is that a large part of the numbers? That's not racist. That's just a reasonable question.

I'm in Rowan. My work area covers the greater Charlotte metro area though. Gov Cooper likes to stir the pot with panic and fear and the media seems hell bent on making it into a panic regardless of how non-lethal it is.