Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I prefer to look at this the other way around.

Utah has just over three million people, and just over 20,000 reported cases. That means that less than 1% of the people "have it."

Of those who "have it" most are symptom-free - which in my book is just about as good as "not having it."

Of those who "have it" less than 1% are sick enough to be hospitalized at the moment (just over 150) which is a rolling number as most recovered and were released.

Of the total who had it bad enough to die from it (again just over 150) were less than 1% of those hospitalized.

All told, that means that 99.99% of Utah's people either don't have it, had it but don't even know it, or had it and recovered from it just fine.

So this whole damn scamdemic/dempanic is about 0.05% of the population. For Utah, that's fewer than five people out of twenty thousand if my math is correct.

For which we wrecked our economy, went trillions of dollars deeper in debt, and surrendered many personal freedoms to a passel of Chicken Littles.

Your math is a little off based on the Utah health dept. They report 21,100 positives with 1396 ever hospitalized, which gives a 6.6% hospitalization rate. They also report 167 deaths for a mortality rate of 0.8%. Of those deaths, they do not break down if they died in a hospital or not, so it's hard to get a rate of deaths per hospitalization. If they were all in the hospital, the rate would be 12%, but of course it's much lower because many of those probably died in a nursing home.

Regardless, we have no idea how many positives there really are, so those rates are somewhat meaningless. What it does show though is Utah has a very low mortality rate regardless of what the real numbers are.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.