Originally Posted by rickt300
The "double ounce Shilen would be a Competition Shilen trigger in Stainless. The heavy filled handle refers to the brass bolt knob. 280 Salami I figure is referring to the standard 280 remington And the Lapuey twat-6 brass comment means to use 30-06 Lapua brass to make you cases from. Note the picture with the 06 case necked down in a 280 die leaving a shoulder for the brass to headspace on, this gives you quality brass for sure. Bartlein is the barrel of choice. Hope this helps.

Rick,
Thanks for the info. I wrongly assumed Shilen was barrel. Knowing now he means trigger, it makes the "double ounce" make sence. I first thought of the bolt knob for the "handle"; but, thought it could mean the stock too. It seems to be used for both. 280 Salami, I agree with you, on it's own would mean a 280 Remington, however, knowing his preference for almost all things Ackley and his reference to tossing the trimmer, it made me assume the Ackley version. The '06 brass is self-explanatory. Now, with your explanation of the Shilen trigger, the "Bart" clearly makes sense as the barrel manufacturer. Thanks for clearing those up. I appreciate it Rick. Now, there are just a couple more. Anybody? Little Buddy?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ