Originally Posted by CaptArab
If you actually calculate the time you waste by mounting a vortex, discovering the problem, sending (wasted) rounds down range, boxing it up, shipping, receiving, mounting, zeroing, testing tracking, etc, your time has to be worth damn-near nothing to even come close to making it worth it.

Maybe if you're retired, but if you're like me- working a full time job, running a hobby farm, trying not to suck at jui jitsu, etc- I just ain't got time for that.
I have enough troubleshooting between work and various farm equipment to not want range days to be another exercise in "let's waste an afternoon fixing some broken [bleep]".

Amen, its pretty much why I have written off Leupold variables anymore. By the time I chased my butt, figured out the scope was the problem, burned through ammo, my time, and never really getting a good ending I decided there were better ways to roll. I still sport their now discontinued 6x36's on some of my killing rifles, but I cant like their variables. It's ashame too, since as a retiree I get 50% off on the darned things.

Semper Fi