Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by jeffbird
Originally Posted by Judman
Maybe someone can enlighten me, but, a marine buddy at work 3 days ago claimed leupold Mark IV we’re being made exclusively for military?

Incorrect. 15 - 20 years ago the Mark IV was Leupold’s top of the line. They were widely used by military and police snipers and also by civilians in tactical matches, the predecessor to what now are the PRS style matches.

I remember trying a Nightforce and comparing it side by side with my Mark IV. The differences in quality were stark. Sold the Mark IV the next week and bought my first Nightforce. That was in 2005. That first Nightforce still runs perfectly.

Judman is correct as Leupold discontinued the MK IV but is still supporting older contracts for the Mil.

The MK5, MK6, and MK8 lines are current Leupold top line tactical scopes.

Originally Posted by JGRaider
Relatively speaking of course. My bud Tubb has won 11 titles at Camp Perry. Add up all of yours and your buddy's and you have a total of , what, NONE? Tubb is "good".

You sure can bring the funny to a thread, thanks.

I wonder what brand of scope your "bud Tubb" shoots?

Tubb shoot Leupold

As you two are so close I wonder why you didn't know Tubb was a Leupold fan? Strange.
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I still tap tap every scope adjustment with a screwdriver handle completely out of habit after dealing with ACOGs on a M16.

I have zero idea if it helps anything or not.

As a machinist I always make the finale adjustment tightening the erector against the bias spring to ensure zero backlash.

Testing on the collimator shows this is not necessary but old habits are hard to break.
Originally Posted by Big Stick
In fairness..JudLady spends zero to NO time,actually shooting and gets giddy at Press Releases she cain't afford. Hint. LAUGHING!

The fixed MK 4's usually held zero,tracked and repeated,as per their time. The turrets were a language separate from the reticle,which is still fhuqking FUNNY(and a Reupold constant),but the bitches largely performed. The 1" Variables were/are a fhuqking JOKE,as are the 30mm "offerings". Pardon my shooting them all and the some. Hint.

Just sayin'.

LAUGHING!............

Why don't you provide us with a link of any scope in Leupolds line up that the reticle and turrets are no synced.

Thanks.

I have heard good things about the old Ultras/MK IVs. Back in the day I might even have used one a bit. cool

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Are those some powder burns I see next to that "1 mile" paper taped on there?

Nah, you have to have shot from a mile, or else that "1 mile" label wouldn't stick on the backer.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.