Ross was the most influential Gun Writer in the mid to late 80s.

Guns and Ammo drove the industry and Ross drove G&A.

Back to Leupold and the Military.

Tim Kennedy (Special Forces Sniper) is on Joe Rogan's podcast and he is wearing a Leupold tee shirt. grin

Them that know.

Originally Posted by jeffbird
Burns,

I have no idea why you love to quarrel like a junior high girl.

Stick was absolutely right on the reticles for the time frame referenced. Sorry that frosts you that he was right. If you were using one back at that point, doubtless it'd be in your memory for the mess it was. The reticle issue was then, not now.

Next, I picked up the phone and called the one friend still in SF and in a position to answer a question about the small arms equipment. He was puzzled and said he is not seeing brand new manufacture Mark IV's, but does remember the last new one being quite some years ago. The last infantry side person I knew deployed as a sniper, which as you of course know is not a MOS, but an ASI of B4 for an 11B, was in charge of the snipers for his battalion on his last deployment. He too did not know what you were talking about them still receiving brand new manufacture Mark IV's. He was around back at a time when he was issued a new Mark IV. He purchased a Nightforce fwiw, which might be something to consider rather than what the bean counters and politicians order.

I have no active USMC acquaintances in a position to know, but if you say the USMC is handing out brand new manufacture Mark IV's to 0317's, I'll just have to take your word for it. Last I heard, they had S&B 3-12's, but that the Mk 13 Mod 7 was supposed to be issued with a Nightforce, not a Mark IV. As I do not know anyone currently in that MOS, I'll not opine otherwise. If you do and say they are now issuing new manufacture Mark IV's rather than Nightforce, S&B, or the newer Leupolds, they all I can do is hang my head that we are sending some fine young men in harm's way with an obsolete piece of equipment, which is what this whole thread is about which again seems to go over your head.

Kiddo,

I simply pointed out you were wrong and MK IV sales to civilians are done and Leupold is only filling previous Mil contracts that lock in MK IV optics.

You called out Judman and you were wrong. It's not a "quarrel" you're just wrong.

Get over it and move on.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 09/11/20.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.