Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by jeffbird
Originally Posted by Judman
Maybe someone can enlighten me, but, a marine buddy at work 3 days ago claimed leupold Mark IV we’re being made exclusively for military?

Incorrect. 15 - 20 years ago the Mark IV was Leupold’s top of the line. They were widely used by military and police snipers and also by civilians in tactical matches, the predecessor to what now are the PRS style matches.

I remember trying a Nightforce and comparing it side by side with my Mark IV. The differences in quality were stark. Sold the Mark IV the next week and bought my first Nightforce. That was in 2005. That first Nightforce still runs perfectly.

Judman is correct as Leupold discontinued the MK IV but is still supporting older contracts for the Mil.

The MK5, MK6, and MK8 lines are current Leupold top line tactical scopes.

I have heard good things about the old Ultras/MK IVs. Back in the day I might even have used one a bit. cool

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Burns,

I have little interest in your affinity for trifling quarrels.

Context of 15 - 20 years was very clear for my comment. No one was confused about that other than apparently you.

The point was respond to Jud's question.

I have no beef with him, you, Stick or anyone else as I have better things to do in my life.

Just answered his question.

The Mark IV was good back in its day, but that was decades ago as indicated.

Servicing broken discontinued scopes today is/was not the focus of the discussion.

Servicing broken scopes, guess Leupold might have cornered that market, so will give you that.

Stick's memory is spot on about the reticle, back then, not now was the discussion point.

Stick was right on that point and made me cringe and laugh at the same time thinking back.