Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by Blackheart
From here it don't look like you do too much stalking, just spot and shoot. Killing critters at 700 - 1000 yards is an impressive demonstration of long range shooting I guess but not much hunting or "stalking" skill involved IMO.

Not to bust your chops, but there are lots of places in the West that require you to shoot long or you won't be shooting at all.

Rangefinders & good optics makes 500-700 yard shots on elk (big animal) almost gimme's.......................just sayin'.

I have built specific rifles for that very exact purpose, especially for hunting big mule deer in certain locations.

So you really need to understand those situations before you criticize too severely.

MM
I've been all over Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, Washington and the Dakota's. Saw all kinds of game on the prarie, in the mountains, in the timber and the badlands. Don't think there's anywhere you can't get closer than 500 yards. Otherwise bow, muzzleloader, handgun and even rifle hunters before the advent of rangefinders would never kill anything there and they certainly have and do.

Then you really haven't actually hunted much there..................there are LOTS of specific spots / places / area that circumstances will dictate that you will not get to within 500 yards of an animal.

Yes, there are many other areas where you will be up close & personal; just don't confuse those with where you cannot, & generalize as it only shows you really haven't hunted much there.................it just don't work that way.

MM