FIRST off and not related to quote BELOW.

I noticed the Target Meister showed up as usual !! smirk

Originally Posted by barm

.A> .... When you notice you have to pull it in tight to your shoulder and tense up your chest, back, neck, arms and abs you are trying to avoid pain.

.B> There are plenty of guys out there who think their "man card" will be taken away from them if they can't tolerate recoil. This group are the same ones who give a youngster a 12 gauge single shot with 3" shells for a laugh..

barm, A> I'm not being critical just relating MY approach or preparation for recoil. Years ago I found myself TENSING up all over and that is WRONG for me.

Regardless of rifle/cartridge/recoil I find I do my best to RELAX and keep rifle snug to shoulder. It allows ME to flex and
roll with recoil INSTEAD of trying to stop it.

<If y'all haven't tried that I suggest you do >

.B> 1. I'm not afraid of losing my 'man card'... I don't have one. lol

2. 3" 12 ga shells NEVER to a youngster. NEVER frown
OTOH... I loaded my Win 1300 FTWT 12 ga 3" shotgun for a FRIEND. First UP the mag was a 3", 2 oz Turkey load.
2 and 3 up the mag were "target" or clay loads.

My friend shucked the shells up himself .....first & second were Clay loads. NOT BAD he said.

3rd shot ( **first loaded into mag**) was the Turkey Load. He shot it and it literally turned him 90* to the R.
When he turned around with a GRIN he said...."I'll NEVER trust you again." laugh laugh

We still laugh about that today.

Now TO THE POINT. I begin to notice recoil with my 8mm RM, 200 grs NP, 80 grs powder, 3100 fps...you notice.

**as others have said, stock fit and recoil pad make a HUGH diff.**

I have played with a 700 BDL in 375 HH and it was NOT bad. REALLY more push than PUNCH...to me.

Jerry

ps: I wonder how many times I'll have to edit to print what I intended to say? grin
only once. grin

Last edited by jwall; 10/24/20.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!