I never gave much thought to recoil. I loved the challenge of mastering harder kicking rifle. Play with the likes of the .375 H&H, .404 jeffery and .416 Rigby in Ruger #1s was for me fun and games. Well, as one grows older, one in theory gets hopefully wiser. Those big boomers reside at the back of the safe and the only one that might see daylight once in a while would be the .375 H&H.

I still enjoy my .35 Whelen, 30-06 and other like cartridges but lately I've been doing work almost exclusively with the old 7x57. I'm running loads in that one that equal or slightly surpass the 7-08 using RL17 with very interesting results. I'm even thinking about using it for my next cow elk hunt if I'm still above ground. After all, one should act one's age and I am 82 years old. Problem is my mind say you can do it and the body says, "Go to hell!"
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE