As I’ve aged, I’ve become more recoil sensitive. Still, I’m able to do what I’ve got to do. I’m shooting lighter rifles (T3x in 3006/270/270wsm) and find the recoil more noticeable than heavier rifles in the 338/300 mag range. While I’ve never noticed recoil hunting, I sure notice it working up loads in my 340/7STW. My compromise is I do load development with a benchmaster Cadillac rifle rest, then confirm poi over a bag with a light hold mimicking hunting conditions. I do this because I’ve found the bench master shoots and inch or two lower than free recoiling off a bag. My most uncomfortable guns? 3.5” turkey loads, and a 35whelen in a 7600 with a steel butt plate that sends 225GK at 2725. Back when my do everything rifle was a 340, I fought and won the mind over recoil battle. I still can shoot it sub moa, but it’s not as fun. I have learned that when I’m in a rough spot health wise and hurting (all too frequent these days), it’s not a good day to work on testing loads, even for the standard rounds. One funny thing: the docs have me on a heavy dose of blood thinners. I’ve gotten really funny reactions with the bruising in my shoulder that often leaks down into my upper arm....they think I must have been in a car accident. When I tell them I’ve been shooting, they look at me in disbelief:)