Originally Posted by kaywoodie
PdXammo,

Good evening. Your words are strong and well written. And I have no doubt you have great experience in counsel with elected officials ( ergo politicians). And I’m sure you have made your case quite well with them. . But my experience is quite the opposite. In my experience they not concerned with facts. Only perceptions. And those perceptions are paramount to the next election.

I have little use for politicians of any party. And I do not feel there are any current politicians worthy of the title, statesman. I cannot see them as anything other than the whores of the bureaucracy that they are. Pardon my cynicism.

I am too old, worn out and worst of all, too white, to take on any new causes. I think that the people of this country have made up their mind as to what they want for their future. Negotiations are useless.

We have little recourse. We either fish or cut bail.

Thanks. I appreciate you and your experience, I am relatively a youngster. Cynicism is completely understandable. If you're not you aren't paying attention. I think you correctly identify the situation too. I don't know that it will ever change tremendously. I do hope that we can get a 3 or 4 party system. We are all being gaslit too easy by two choices. This world is changing though and far too many don't think about what will be left when they are gone. Demographics and cultural norms are changing and that doesn't have to be a bad thing. There are vibrant 2A communities sprouting up all over. Especially now with the unrest. The type of vitriol spewed too often alienates these constituencies when they should be the greatest allies. If the idea is to hold onto a perceived white, conservative, old guy majority, there is no such thing. People need to grow up and adapt. If they don't great American traditions and sportsmanship will fade. If people really, truly cared about these institutions they'd reach out to people very different from them and bring them into shooting, hunting, self-defense/determination, and Christ. To do otherwise is to say "hey, I got mine, younger generation, you're on our own".
Take some comfort in the knowledge that some of us are persuasive, We are navigating nimbly, understand the lay of the land, and can be effective when outnumbered and deep in "enemy" territory. None of the bills I worked on passed, even in a decidedly left-leaning state. Collectively, very few even made it out of committee. It seems to me it would have gone better if the NRA just wrote checks and didn't speak. They are behind the times.

Last edited by pdXammo; 11/06/20.

NRA Life Member