Originally Posted by prm
Sorry to hear about you pup. Those are simply very hard days when we lose our companions of so many years.

I ran across this recently. Probably gets to what you're after.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...082406/1/finn-aagaard-shots-with-the-308

Thanks all for the kind thoughts about Jay. It was one of those deals where, it was time for everyone involved.

PRM: Thanks for the link. Yeah, that pretty well explains it. Brad posted that article. That was probably what he was meaning in the quote.

Check me if I'm wrong guys:
I don't remember Aagard ever denouncing the 7's (7X57 , 7mm-08, or even 270 WIN) in favor of the 308 WIN. He'd have seemed foolish if he did.
I don't remember Aagard ever denoucing 30-06 in favor of the 308 WIN. He just found that 308 WIN seemed to work for a bunch of stuff and found the right rifle that fit him and his needs.

Bottom line: he never became a 308 WIN snob.

I can see his point I had a Ruger Hawkeye Scout rifles in my hands a few years ago, and I should have taken it home. However, I had other projects in mind at the time. I also don't feel the pressing need for a bobbed-barrel rifle. I can afford an extra couple of inches-- saves the hearing.

On the other hand, my latest infatuation, the TC Compass in 7mm-08 is perfect for my needs at the farm at the moment. I doubt any deer would notice the difference.

Thanks all.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer