Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Gee, so many manly men on this site who can tolerate the fearsome recoil of the .30-06, gaining such a huge advantage over the .308.

Have mentioned this before here and there, but I have taken more big game animals with the .30-06 than any other single cartridge, including 24 different species. Since 1997 have taken more big game with a single .30-06 rifle, my New Ultra Light Arms Model 24. It's so light than more than one of my very experienced hunting friends has commented on how much more it recoils than the .30-06s they've fired.

But between the .338 Winchester Magnum, 9.3x62 and .375 H&H I've also taken more big game than my total with the .30-06, also including 24 different species from Alaska to Africa. If you throw in the various .300 magnums I've used (WSM, H&H, Winchester and Weatherby) the total far exceeds that of the .30-06. Is this enough for me to join the manly recoil club?

A long time friend of mine, who has a quite impressive collection of pre64 M70's and is a 458WM loony (he owns five of them) likes to say when we kid him about recoil "No brain, no pain".......

He even shot a pronghorn with a 458, I watched him do it with my own eyes..........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.