Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Couldn't disagree more SS.

I killed my first elk in 1971. I killed my last two elk a a couple months ago. Both were "difficult" shots that I would never take with a conventional jacketed bullet. My freezer is full of elk meat.

"Nuff said........

For many years hunting forums are full of posts by (no-doubt experienced) hunters, who claim that anyone who uses an above-averaged performance cartridge or anything but the cheapest bullets are just complete dipchits who are looking to shoot an elk in the rectum or something equally stupid.

I bought a truck that is more capable off-road than some cheaper models, and I didn't put the cheapest tires on it. Doesn't mean I'm going to stupidly roll it, rather than use it wisely to be able to go more places.

I don't buy the cheapest tires, and I don't necessarily use the cheapest bullets. It doesn't make my rifle magic, but it also doesn't make me reckless when shooting it.

Thing is, you just don't have enough experience to be nearly the loudest voice in the room... have you even killed an elk? Any elk?

Everyone is entitled to an opinion - but not all opinions are equal.

On that point are any of us really wrong Brad. We all have different experiences while hunting and killing elk. I’m all for fellas using what they feel comfortable and efficient with in the field.

No doubt some may not have the vast amount of elk kills to absolutely make concrete assumptions. The one fella uses the same combo for 30+ years to knock down elk and his experience is narrow and the other uses a different rifle for 39 elk and his experience is limited since he only used each rifle/cartridge and bullet once grin

Last edited by beretzs; 01/07/21.

Semper Fi