He might’ve. He used a plain Jane 162 Hornady BTSP from a 7 Rem on a small bull at 400’ish from what I remember. This was in Wyoming, that bullet just went to pieces on a front leg and required another finisher to kill it. It was a mangler. It did kill the elk, but I’d bet a buck a 160 AB would’ve hammered on thru and done just as good of a job killing the bull.

So yeah, long way around the tent pole I’d say that’s what he is thinking about plain old C&Cs. As far as I know that Hornady and the old Sierras him and his dad were using long before I was alive were the only plain janes.

I’ve got a bunch of pictures from about the last 25 or so elk we’ve taken with our recovered Bullets. I like to dig thru them after they’re taken care of cause I think it’s interesting to see what actually happened to the bullets. We see it all the time on here about what folks “think” happened but without digging around a bit it’s still guessing.

And agree, with the right shot and staying off bone it opens a lot of doors and I’d not stay home if I had to hunt with any (Fed, CorLokts, PPs) you mentioned but like you said, you can’t expect miracles from them either nor probably from the great Bullets, but it is a decent Bet the better Bullets will at least break a near side joint and push into the chest.

Semper Fi