Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Nice Judman. What rifle/round/bullet did you do that with, and at what range? Just curious about the backstory .

Drew the tag first year I applied, stallion range on the wsmr. Hunter in the flats for about a hour, dummies flying around shootin like madmen. Pard and I drove up the a mountain range and setup the glass. Pard spotted him couple miles away, made a hunt on him. We popped out at 475-480 yards, bugger already had us pegged. I set up on my sticks as he was goin 1/4’d away. I raked him, just in front of the onside ham, bullet angled up to opposite front shoulder. He didn’t react much but we heard the shwack. He ran a little ways, stopped, stepped up on this rock pinicle like a ibex, all his feet on a rock the size of a 55 gallon drum lid, started swaying and did a nose dive off the rock and fuucking cartwheeled 100 yards or better!! I bout puked, figgered his horns were broke to shiit. Made our way over to him, horns were fine other thansome scuffs. During the tumble one of his horns poked through a hide quarter, pretty gnarly. Super fun hunt, best wild meat I’ve had. Taped out at 36”, heavy bases, old stud bull. Rifle was a browning abolt 338 wm, 3-9 ziess, no turrets, just familiarity with the rifle. Hornady 225”s. Couple months before killed a stud double shovel mtn caribou in bc at 20-25 yards, same rifle/load.

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.