Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by elkmen1
WHY NOT, obviously they are effective. I have only seen one elk shot with a cup and core bullet, and it did not go well. The next 150+ were/have been shot with premium bullets. Again why not???

You've seen 150+ rifle shot elk (I presume you're a guide) but only one was shot with a standard C&C bullet?
All those clients through all those years and only one was what I would consider a "normal" hunter, and not a rifle/bullet looney hunter?

Am I reading your post correctly?

I think Bills talking about the elk he’s taken, along with his dad, myself a few of us others that have been hunting together. I think he started hunting elk in the late 50’s or 60’s with his dad and their partners. There’s actually been a few more C&C kills but most of ours in our group has been with Accubonds, Sciroccos, Partitions and Bullets like that. I did use a 212 ELD this fall so that’s a plain C&C as well.

We debate this same exact thing every fall in camp. It’s all good fellas, Bills used 180 Partitions for around 75 elk I think and a smattering of Accubonds and probably some others he’s forgotten about.

So I don’t absolutely say it has to be a bonded super bullet to kill bulls at all, but most of the time I don’t see any downside to it either.

Semper Fi