Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by DrGnarr
Originally Posted by T_Inman
People kill elk with arrows traveling at 250fps or slower, but a bullet traveling a few thousand feet per second doesn’t have a chance unless it’s premium…..

Some bullets bounce off elk

Some bullets hit them right in the heart but the elk runs 100 miles and is never found

Some bullets hit an elk 6 times in the vitals and that elk kept on running, never to be found

All bullets are premium. Hit em where it counts

I am not a premium snob by any means, but I am not sure I would agree with comparing how bullets kill as opposed to how broadheads kill. That's a church girl to hooker comparison (literally?). One kills by shock and destruction, the other kills by internal bleeding: at least that's how they kill when used as designed. Both can be insanely lethal, but their mechanism is vastly different. What are your thoughts on a bullet at 250 FPS?

If it puts a hole in the right place then it will work. It’s all about a hole through something that matters

One slices its way through, the other pounds its way through. You can put a deep hole in something and get penetration at 250 fps using razor sharp blades, but not with a bullet.

Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by T_Inman
People kill elk with arrows traveling at 250fps or slower, but a bullet traveling a few thousand feet per second doesn’t have a chance unless it’s premium…..

Some bullets bounce off elk

Some bullets hit them right in the heart but the elk runs 100 miles and is never found

Some bullets hit an elk 6 times in the vitals and that elk kept on running, never to be found

All bullets are premium. Hit em where it counts

I am not a premium snob by any means, but I am not sure I would agree with comparing how bullets kill as opposed to how broadheads kill. That's a church girl to hooker comparison (literally?). One kills by shock and destruction, the other kills by internal bleeding: at least that's how they kill when used as designed. Both can be insanely lethal, but their mechanism is vastly different. What are your thoughts on a bullet at 250 FPS?

If it puts a hole in the right place then it will work. It’s all about a hole through something that matters

One slices its way through, the other pounds its way through. You can put a deep hole in something and get penetration at 250 fps using razor sharp blades, but not with a bullet.

All I’m trying to say is with an arrow, a premium bullet, or a blue box federal, you need to put a hole in a vital. Nothing will kill without a hole in an important organ….or artery.

Are you saying that there are non-premium bullets that If placed where an arrow needs to be in order to kill an elk, the bullet won’t kill but the arrow will?