I really don't think so, but why not use them.

I started elk hunting late in life (28 or so), using .308 Winchester lever guns. For bullets I used 150 grain Winchester Power Points and 165 grain Sierra boattails. Both loads killed elk everytime I hit one.
A couple years later I switched to an '06 and 180 gr Partition and TBBC bullets. I actally believe the Noslers kill a bit more slowly than the cup and cores but my sample on elk is pretty small. TBBC's (originals) are devastating. They don't always shoot well in some rifles so I switch back and forth based on that.

My wife bought me a M70 SS Classic 20 or so years ago and I used it on a few elk and will again when I get over my hip replacement surgeries. After I got it I found it liked TBBC 225 gr Hi-Energy loads. I bought a pile of them.They are devastating.
I started running low but I found a few more on the Campfire so I am set for life. Except for elk I use a handload with 225 grain Hornady I/L. They too are devastating. While I believe I see some more reaction when using the .338, I don't think they drop measureably quicker.