Originally Posted by SLM
I’d take that any day.

Originally Posted by Cascade
Originally Posted by SLM
I park the Prius at the trail head and get around the first corner and take a nap the rest of the day.

Roll around in the dirt, throw water on myself, start the tracking feature about 15 miles before I get to the trail head and head back to the Prius about an hour after dark.

Makes you look like a stud.

In all seriousness, how do some people kill elk where they can load elk whole?

Yes I’m jealous.

2016, I got a big cow elk up above some private land. The farmer watched my hunt, he'd given me permission to cross his land. As I was admiring the cow and about to start quartering... I heard his ATV coming up the snowy slope... I dragged the cow down a ways, we put a rope around her and dragged her down to the pickup parked on the flats. A few guys helped me get her into the back of the truck after I field dressed her. Drove to town, cut her up in my garage. Easy danged "pack out" for sure! smile

I was kind of in shock about how easy it was, and the doggone steaks & roasts tasted great!

Guy

Same here. I tell the Old Goat I hunt with I am looking forward to the elk that just dies next to a trail or near a road. For now I will just keep hunting with my little brother, he seems to have a strong back and hard feet at 21, and doesn't need much more upkeep than a llama whistle

Semper Fi