Originally Posted by Quak
Wssm cartridges have feeding issues. The original wsm owes its demise to the original creator Rick Jamison and his settlement with Olin over copyright infringement

I don't recall any feeding problems with the 25 WSSM in Winchester/USRA 70s, but I don't feel any great need to cycle manually operated rifles as fast as possible. I can count over 2K rounds of 25 WSSM fired from multiple Winchester/USRA 70s and another couple hundred 223 WSSM and 243 WSSM rounds fired from other Winchester/USRA 70s.

All of the Browning and Winchester/USRA rifles chambered in 223 WSSM and 243 WSSM had chrome lined barrels to extend barrel life, but you still can't overheat the steel under the chrome lining without damaging the barrels, I don't know if it worked or not, but they didn't put chrome lined barrels on the 25 WSSMs and mine don't seem to erode throats any worse than my rifles chambered in 25-284 or 25-06.

I think that the WSSMs failed for a variety of reasons. There was a lot of negative talk on the internet that was repeated many times over and probably served to scare some potential buyers away. I like rifles and cartridges, so I tried all three and really like the 25 WSSM. The WSSMs were redundant cartridges and the super short actions didn't lend themselves to being rebarreled for many other cartridges, but that doesn't bother me. Factory ammo was never that common and the best factory load for hunting medium game, the 110 grain AB, was discontinued long ago, leaving the 85 grain SBT for shooting varmints and the 120 grain PEP for shooting medium game. Both 25 WSSM factory loads are now made in seasonal runs that that tend to get bought up quickly and then sold at a premium price on-line. The Winchester/Olin brass did have thick necks, but Federal made component brass that has worked much better for me, so I made most of my 25 WSSM brass from Federal 243 WSSM brass.