Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Originally Posted by cra1948
One of my favorites, the .25-20, can be said to have pretty much vanished. Remington stopped making the 86 grain component bullet a while back. Factory ammo??? Good luck with that. We are now making brass from .32-20 brass and a couple of commercial bullet casters offer bullets that are suitable. It's a shame. It's a mild-mannered cartridge that is reloadable. In my experience (never mind paper, foot-pounds performance) it puts the smack on such as coons, beaver, porcupines, foxes etc much more decisively than any of the rimfires and it's RELOADABLE. It's an adequate deer cartridge for one who is happy to hunt close and be careful with bullet placement. For woods loafing or high-volume backyard plinking it's mild-mannered and very inexpensive to shoot....especially if you cast your own.

Maybe have to see if Starline will make it in the future.

That would be great. Last fall I was out in Missouri at my son's, and got him going making them from Starline .32-20's, which is not difficult. It would be much better though to have the correctly headstamped, real thing.

Mathew 22: 37-39