This thread has so many opinions or may I say some of the same opinions expressed several ways.

It seems even the military can't keep one cartridge for very long, unlike the 30-06 or the 7.62x51.

Here's my opinion and it is worth all that you paid for it:

With umteen cartridges coming out there are bound to be cartridges leaving. Ruger, Winchester, and Remington are all doing it, hoping to get a sale with something new. But they can't do it all there's the AI club and the proprietary club and the small manufactures trying to make it. (338-06 for instance)

Some of the old great cartridges are getting a new dress and there's people wowing and wooing about how pretty the new dress is and I gotta have one of those, because all the cool guys have one. New cartridge's come out that match other old cartridge's performance. It is the same game over and over.

examples: 6.5x55 now is the 6.5 Creedmoor and the 7x57 is now the 7mm-08, the 375 H&H is now the 375 Ruger. How about the 30 Newton? There's many new 30 caliber magnums and really how much better are they than the 300H&H or the 30 Newton? For some, wow and golly gee, I gotta have the new one - it means more sales for the manufactures and they will happily make the new whiz bangs.

Evidently the new cartridge's sell new rifles, otherwise the manufactures would not be coming out with so many. For us loonies, how many 30-06's are we going to put in our safes (8 is my limit). But if it's a new cartridge then why wouldn't we need it.

Like I said, my opinion and it is worth what you paid for it.

Last edited by Bugger; 01/12/21.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally