I have a .25WSSM and it's right there with the .25-06 in factory form. Handloading is different. Mine feeds perfect. I don't expect them to be around for much longer.

I think the reason many of the Remington offers didn't blow up in sales is they always start off with slower than optimal twist barrels. Hunters missed out when the 6mm was expected to be for vermin, The .257 Roberts, while incredibly versatile has had limited offerings in bullet weights, .22-250 could have been way more popular had it been offered in a faster twist barrel earlier on . The 280 has merit, but they flubbed it, then threw the 7mm RM out there and could have made it better with little effort. Again, it wasn't really doing anything better. Some of Remington's offerings didn't really offer an improvement, and with lazy marketing nobody got excited to try them.

On the other hand, Hornady hypes stuff, spends money to market new offerings, and has done well. Point of proof, the performance of the 6.5CM is nearly identical to the .25-06 at normal hunting distances, as is the .270Win.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson