Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback
Many case studies could be written on how Remington botched the introduction of cartridges with tremendous potential. I'm trying to think of Remington cartridges that have fully lived up to their potentials, and I'm coming up with three: .222, .223, and .25-06. The 7mm Rem Mag may be more popular than the .25-06, but the strange 7mm Rem Mag pressure issues that have been reported take some of the luster off. The 7mm-08 has fared better than many Remington cartridges, but it hasn't been the overwhelming success that the somewhat similar 6.5 Creedmoor has been for Hornady.

The .260, .280, and 6mm Rem sagas illustrate how to take what should be all-time great cartridges and botch their introductions, and then the "reintroductions" for the .280 and 6mm Rem fell short, too.

I remember reading someplace that Remington marketing people would label fried chicken as "warm dead fowl" or some similar remark as a comment on their smarts performance. As a 6mm Rem, 280 Rem and 300 SAUM shooter and modified Walker trigger user I can share your pain...

jim

LCDR Jim Dodd, USN (Ret.)
"If you're too busy to hunt, you're too busy."